In the interest of safety and a rapidly changing health environment for all attendees, volunteers, and instructors, The Piedmont Earthskills Gathering will have updated Health and Safety for 2021. Our Health and Safety protocols are subject to change as federal and local regulations evolve.
Earlier this year, when COVID-19 cases were dropping we felt confident that we would be able to produce a gathering in 2021. We made the decision to move to a reduced capacity , and implement some additional measures to present the safest gathering possible. It is with that same goal in mind that we will continue to monitor safety guidelines moving forward. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding with our ever-evolving event plan.
COVID ENTRY POLICY:
With the current rise in COVID-19 and our concern for community wellbeing, full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results will be required to attend the 2021 gathering. For anyone not fully vaccinated, a negative COVID-19 test result must be obtained within 72 hours of your arrival.
ACCEPTED VACCINATION PROOF:
- A vaccination card.
- A photocopy of your vaccination card.
- An electronic picture of your vaccination card on your phone.
If you need to get tested, there are no-cost home kits for COVID-19 available to North Carolina Residents at https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/nc
If you do not live in North Carolina, check your State’s department of Health and Human services to see what testing they offer.
We know this is a big change! We sincerely hope that we do not lose any attendees, instructors of staff with this policy, but we were certain to lose people if we did not step up in the interest of protecting our community.
The Piedmont Earthskills Gathering is an outdoor educational event. Current data from the CDC suggest the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in outdoor settings is minimal. If you can maintain a social distance of 6 feet when outdoors you may choose not to wear a mask.
- We may require masks at registration and meal serving.
- Classes will be held outdoors in open-air environments.
- Everyone should be self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19. If anyone develops symptoms prior to the event, we ask that you stay home and let us know the situation.
- If anyone develops symptoms while attending the gathering, we will do contact tracing and quarantine protocols for those affected.
- Extra hand-washing stations and hand-sanitizers will be provided throughout camp.
- Although masks are not required outdoors when social distancing is possible, we will be fully supportive if someone chooses to wear one.